I’m due to have a stall at a lovely, local craft fair this Saturday. It’s called Kitsch and Stitch and is a great mixture of vintage and handmade goods. I’ve been a regular stall holder at this event, it’s really well organised and has a pop up cafe, serving delicious lunches and cakes, with proceeds going to Hospice in the Weald.
To any craft fair, I always take with me a small kit of essential items: my survival kit!
- Dressmaking pins and drawing pins – so useful for pinning up anything including wonky bunting or stray necklaces.
- Sellotape- no survival kit is complete without it!
- Pens, pencils and notebook. I like to keep a record of everything sold and although I could use my mobile phone, I still like to have a paper copy!
- Silver polishing cloth, for last-minute polishing to give my jewellery an added sparkle on the day.
- Business cards, definitely an essential item as I want people to find out more about The Little Red Hen Jewellery once they’re at home.
- Spare labels – there’s always something that has missed the labelling process at home.
- Flask of coffee – most fairs are really kind and provide a cup or two of tea and coffee for the stall holders, but I always seem to need more!
- Baby wipes – for when I inevitably spill my coffee….
What’s in your craft fair survival kit? Please tell me in the comments, I’d love to know! x